Frequently Asked Questions

Why use Better Tax Services?  

Better Tax Services provides you with a simple and fast way to complete your Canadian income tax return. We are committed to high-quality service. Our full service option offers free year round tax advice to all our clients to help make your life easier. Our qualified accountants will ensure that you are in the best tax position for the current year.

Can I complete my income tax return with Better Tax Services this year, diagnosis and in the future?

Yes, ed we update ourselves each year with legislative changes to the taxation system.  Additionally if you move to another city or province, we will still be here to prepare your taxes via e-mail, fax or mail.

What do I need in order to submit my return with Better Tax Services?   

You will need to complete a copy of our Questionnaire, your Social Insurance number and all applicable tax papers.  Even if you have never filed income taxes before, our Questionnaire has been developed to help guide you through the process.  If you do not have social insurance number click here to retrieve the application.

Do I need to sign any paperwork?

When your income tax return is complete, you will need to sign an eFile authorization form.  This will allow us to eFile your taxes to the Government.

If you choose to mail your taxes, you must sign the bottom of page 4 of your Canadian Tax return.  Quebec residents must sign pages 4 & 6 of their Quebec tax return.

I have not filed for several years. What should I do?

You need to catch up to file your returns. We are here to help you. Collect all the information and contact us so that we can start right away.

If you do not file a tax return for any year, Revenue Canada may issue an assessment under subsection 152(7) of the Income Tax Act, and/or further legal action may be taken against you.

Where can I get copies of my old tax documents?

If you are missing any income tax documents from prior years, please call Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 or Revenu Quebec at 514-864-6299.  They will mail your documents to your home address.

Can I exclude foreign earned income from my total income?

As a Canadian resident you are obliged to report your worldwide income.

Do I need to keep a hardcopy of my taxation records?

You must keep either a hardcopy or a digital copy of your income taxes for a minimum of 6 years.

Can I eFile my tax return?

We attempt to eFile your income tax return whenever possible. However, not all returns are eligible to e-file.  To find out if your taxes cannot be sent by eFile, please refer to this link:

How long will it take before I receive my Notice of Assessment and refund?

If you choose the eFile method, you should receive your Notice of Assessment within 10 business days.  If you choose to mail your return, expect your Notice of Assessment within 6-8 weeks.

What is the last date for submitting my tax return?

The deadline for personal income tax filing is April 30.  The deadline for registered business and self-employed is June 15, however any taxes payable must have been paid by April 30.

Can I ask you more specific questions?

Please email us  We will respond to you within one business day.